NEXT 7400 & NEXT 2100 Mobile Shredder SystemContact Us
The 3TEK NEXT™ 7400 mobile shredder hammermill system incorporates a CAT® 2,100 hp state-of-the-art mobile “on track” diesel-power module design, with unique power pack options and other modular downstream equipment specifically designed to facilitate ferrous and non-ferrous scrap processing close to the source. While also available in a traditional stationary model, the NEXT 7400 mobile hammermill is unique in providing a powerful hammermill design on a mobile platform. This brings the characteristics of much larger hammermills to a compact package that can be fully installed, functional and shredding in three days.
NEXT 7400 SHREDDER MODULE
GENERAL SHREDDER SPECIFICATIONS
- Disk Rotor design
- Width (outer side wall to side wall): 100” (2.5 m)
- Shredder Wall thickness: 2.0” (50.8 mm)
- Wear Liner thickness: Contoured 3.0 to 5.0” (76.2 to 127.0 mm)
- Feed Chute: 40 degrees, 24 ft. (7.31 m) long
- Double Feed Roll System: feed roll system with variable speed 0-14 RPM
- CAT 4.4L Tier 4 certified diesel engine provides power for hydraulic functions & mobility
NEXT SYSTEM CONTROLS
- Control system with master display has multicolored graphical module with easy to read display
- Industry standard Allen Bradley industrial control platform for shredder and power module performance and diagnostic information
- Fully functional automatic feed control system designed to maximize production by analyzing machine performance inputs from multiple sources
- Tethered Control Box
NEXT 2100 POWER MODULE
- Manufacturer: Caterpillar Certified Tier compliant
- Model: 3516, 78 Liter
- Engine HP: 2100 HP @ 1750 RPM
- Engine Configuration: V16 cylinder, Turbo & Aftercooled
- Intake: Four (4) Donaldson dry type air filters with safety elements and pre-cleaners
- Cooling: HD folded core radiator with mechanically driven fan
- Fuel Storage: 150 Gallon (568 L) Day Tank complete with pump and float switch to connect to remote fuel storage tank
- Fuel Consumption at rated production: 70 gal/hour (265 liters/hour)
WHAT MATERIALS CAN THE NEXT 7400 SAFELY PROCESS?
Below are processing guidelines for the NEXT 7400 powered by the NEXT 2100. While this list is not complete, it is intended to show examples of the size and type of materials that can be processed and those that need to be avoided.
CAN BE PROCESSED:
- COMPLETE AUTOS AND TRUCKS — Including engines, axles, transmissions, wheels, leaf springs, torsion bars, etc.
- WHITE GOODS — washers, dryers, refrigerators, hot water heaters, lawn mowers, bicycles, etc.
- MISCELLANEOUS STRUCTURAL SHAPES — angle iron, channel, I-beams, and pipe with maximum material thickness not exceeding 3/8".
- PLATE — up to 1/4" thick that has lots of holes cut in it can also be shredded. It is important that they are not “laminated” (multiple layers), and enter only one at a time with other loose scrap.
- REBAR — smaller than 5/8" in diameter. Put into the shredder with other loose scrap.
CANNOT BE PROCESSED:
- PLATE — of any size thicker than 1".
- SOLID STEEL SHAFTING — larger than 3” in diameter and longer than 24".
- FABRICATED ITEMS — built like a box, may need to be crushed or collapsed so they can be fed under the feed rolls and fit through the shredder opening of 32".
- STRINGY MATERIAL — wire rope or cables longer than 10 feet should absolutely not be fed into the shredder. There is significant risk of long material entering the shredder, wrapping around the rotor and being pulled in at a very high speed, possibly causing death or injury to anyone near the shredder.